On February 28 KST, Pledis Entertainment released the following statement via HYBE’s Weverse application:
“Hello, this is Pledis Entertainment.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all the fans who have shown boundless and unwavering support for NU’EST over the past ten years.
The exclusive artist contract with NU’EST will be concluded as of March 14. Our company and the members of NU’EST went through careful consideration and discussions on the future of the individual members and on what would be the best path for everyone and how they can present their best selves.
JR, Aron, and Ren have decided to start afresh after leaving our company. Baekho and Minhyun will renew their contracts. We respect and support the decisions of every member, as they are the result of careful and extensive consideration and discussions.
NU’EST is a valuable group that holds a special place in our company as the first boy group of Pledis Entertainment. The group has been loved by many with their stylish music, performances, and the way in which they write their dramatic narrative with their fearless attitude since their debut. We would like to extend our sincere and heartfelt gratitude to JR, Aron, Baekho, Minhyun, and Ren who have always put their best foot forward over the past ten years.
NU’EST will cap off their official activities as NU’EST of Pledis Entertainment with their album that will be released in March. Pledis Entertainment wishes the best for the members’ new leap forward and growth and will continue to cheer for their bright future ahead of them.
We would like to express once again our gratitude to L.O.Λ.E who have always stayed by NU’EST side. We ask you to give your unchanging love and support to the members as they embark upon the next chapter of their careers.
Meanwhile, NU’EST debuted on March 15, 2012 with the single “Face.” Stay tuned for more news about the group’s final album and the members’ future activities.
1. The kids suffered so much. I’ll be looking forward to your cool promotions in the future!!
2. Jonhyun-ahㅠㅠ Wherever you go, I’ll always support you.
3. Seriously I loved you, it was so fun and i was happy. It’ll be such a big shame because I won’t see you guys together anymore in the future, but I’ll always support you, I love you❤
4. Jonghyun fighting…
5. Minhyun-ah you suffered ㅜㅜ
6. It’s best when you don’t give false hope to the fans and cleanly disband like thatㅠ you’ve worked hard kids!!
7. Kim Jonghyun you’ve suffered, let’s walk together in the future! You’re the best Kim Jonghyun
8. Hwang Minhyun, let’s see each other a lot
9. Nowadays, even when people change companies, we rarely see disbandment announcement, but they’re giving us the official statement
10. I thought that they had the intention to preserve Nu’est with the change of agency, and I was totally no expecting disbandment… Haㅠㅠ
[enter-talk] HYBE IS SERIOUSLY A GROUP PUVERIZER
Gfriend after acquisition, disbandment
Nu’est after acuisition, disbandment
Fromis9, the members are promoting, but they’re in a danger zone
Whenever they feel like they don’t have enough groups, they acquire others
They use them and then deflate them, and as soon as they release Enhypen and TXT, they suddenly don’t care about the other groups anymoreㅋㅋ Bang Sihyuk seriouslyㅋㅋ
1. [+128, -11]
No but I’m asking this because I’m genuinely curious, but why are people blaming Nu’est fate on Hybe??? Their contract is expiring and they’re going to keep 2 people, if the company really f*cked them over, then those 2 people wouldn’t stay right? Just like Gfriend
2. [+86, -21]
? Isn’t Hybe to blame to a certain extent for what happened to Gfriend?
3. [+57, -58]
Pledis should’ve done better themselves, why would another company touch them? ;; s
4. [+47, -7]
If they do well, people will only praise their own company.. But when they don’t do well, people blame Hybe;;; Me too I f*cking hate Hybe but you guys are being awfully transparent
5. [+41 ,-5]
There are sure a lot of Hybe protectors
6. [+34, -2]
I don’t know about Gfriend, but why are people blaming Hybe for Nu’est?