t/n: it’ll be paraphrased, we’ll stick to the main points
The exposer’s time line:
Girl Group [ITZY] Lia’s school violence clarification
– On February 24, 2021, around 2:30 pm, an article was posted on Nate Pann (a post containing profanity, which has now been deleted) about someone being victim of Lia’s school violence.
– However, the content of the post seems to be at the level of a simple argument, and it was pointed out that the credibility of the post was low: no photos of Lia, no aforementioned ‘Katalk conversation’
– OP posted her DM with a friend, but the content was rather contradictory to their original claims, and public opinion about the author changed for the worse
– The author of the first post edited the exposing post while deleting all the “evidence” and just wrote that ”the truth will be revealed”
– At around 10:00 am on February 25, the agency stated that the person who exposed the Lia had already been sued for defamation last year, and that the disclosure was also false.
– Then an additional exposer came out to expose Lia. However, the majority of netizens once again said that it looked like an usual fight between kids from 1-3rd grade elementary school
– After that, at 2:53 pm on February 25th, the summary of the first exposer was re-uploaded, but rather than saying anything, it just contained a lot of random numbers and OP ended up receiving criticism
– She didn’t post any additional evidence as she claimed (ie. Katalk evidence)
– People concluded the situation as spreading false rumors because of all the contradictions from the original article
1. The exposer claimed that what Lia cyber-bullied and swore at her, but if you looked at Lia’s Katalk story or Facebook, you could see that the exposer’s group was actually the ones who cyberbullied Lia. Lia’s side even printed out the proofs that she got cyberbullied to open a school violence record, but since it was mutually not good for either parties, they decided to just pretend it never happened. Both sides’ parents settled down and the exposer herself disclosed this information
2. What OP revealed was that there was proof of discord, not school violence, that’s why the police also couldn’t conclude it was school violence so they cleared the charge of ‘defamation’
3. JYP gets criticized for not re-investigating the case, meanwhile, they took time to respond because OP was requesting their detective whether it was possible to re-investigate first, they had to gather data on their end too, so they couldn’t say anything for 2 days because of legal proceedings
4. JYP actually asked the exposer’s contact information
The exposer then contacts JYP with her contact information restricted
The manager asked the exposer for their contact number because Lia actually wanted to meet her
The exposer refuses and stops all contact, she never contacts them again
[…] (t/n: below is another more condensed version of the summary above)
These are the ‘proofs’ that the exposer released about Lia
This is what the exposer claims that they settled on instead of opening a school violence record
Series of text between OP and her friend talking about just settling down because Lia and her parents also have the screenshots of the [cyberbullying] that they can present to the school violence committee and OP responds with “Wow she also has everything prepared?”
This is the Katalk stories mentioned above (Lia is not in those Katalk story)
t/n: Not clear if the Katalk below are talking about Lia, but it’s just to show that the exposer’s group was also “violent” against other people
– Please know better you f*cking idiotic b*tch
– Lol who is this boohoo
– Who are you referring to? Tell me through Katalk
– I’ll do it later at night
– Just say it here (exposer 1)
I might look like I pretend to be strong, but I’m not pretending, I just say whatever I want?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So tomorrow, come look for me alone and try talk to me, you don’t leave comments right? Just come to my class tomorrow. Saying stuff like that is cringe to me too, but you brought it upon yourself you know?
– What the~ Say it in our Katalk group
– (Exposer 1) Who’s this?
Yah if you’re going to do swear at me, do it here you f*cking b*tch. Yah you think I’m f*cking easy right? Why would I fight a kid like you? On a Katalk story where the sunbaes and hoobaes can all see?ㅋㅋㅋ
– Me too I’m (exposure’s group)’s side
– Are you going to erase the stories that [they(?)] already screenshotted?ㅋㅋ
+ The people who are talking about the 3000won that Lia borrowed, I’ll summarize it quickly here
It had nothing to do with school violence, so I’m omitting it
It wasn’t the exposer’s 3000won, it was just her friend lending her
original post: here
1. Lia and ITZY, find strength, I’ll always support you
2. Aigoo She’s still getting hated hereㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. Hul this is so unfair
4. Ah so it was just a mutual fight during elementary school??
5. Lia, you suffered… Our ITZY let’s hit bigger
7. Why is this considered school violence?
8. I wonder how hard it was on Lia, my heart hurts
9. Hul… I didn’t know Lia was getting sworn at by communities until now, she’s pitiful
10. It’s true that it’s so so to borrow money without returning it to her friends, but it’s not considered school violence
11. I know Lia always gets sworn at but I never knew why, what crime did she commit?..
12. So it was really not school violence ? What a reliefㅠㅠ I really liked ITZY and I couldn’t even say it ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
13. Lia is pitiful, I hope a lot of people learn about this, she’s still receiving hate, and I know there will still be posts hating on her and whining about the police or whatnot. People can be so dumb
14. Calling this school violence is eba, it just sounds like normal conflicts you have when you’re young
15. What crime did Lia commit.. I’ll support her