Tweet: JYP Division 1 sent me an email.
Everyone thank you so much for comforting me and sympathizing with me 🙂
Re: [Stray Kids] 2022 IAC banner application
Hi, this is the artist division 1.
First of all, thanks to the ‘2022 Chuseok Special Idol Star Championship’ banner sent to us, both Stray Kids and Stays were able to enjoy the recording of the event. Thank you again for your hard work.
The reason for sending this sudden e-mail is in regards to the banner production process, as previously disclosed in the announcement. We would like to apologize for the fact that we have asked the fans to design the banners and to produce the final designs which were selected and even take care of the shipment themselves.
The cost should’ve be borne by the agency, but we apologized for the inconvenience due to the inexperience our decision making and the fact that we did not discussed in more detail in advance. Once again, we sincerely apologize.
We ask for your understanding for the delay in replying, and we sincerely apologize for making you feel so sad on Stay’s birthday, when you should have been spending a happier day than anyone else.
It is not possible to simply measure the amount of effort you put into the banner production process, but if you are not uncomfortable with this, regarding all the cost that you’ve covered […] t/n: the rest of the message is probably letting the fan know that the company is willing to cover the 190,000won spent on the banner
original post: here
1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They’re only at work because it became a controversy…. If she never released that post, they would’ve just let it slide
2. We’re not living in the generation where fans will still stay loyal even if you swear, kick and threaten them anymore. Please know that.
3. The way they’re trying to save face because it became a controversyㅋㅋ I hope that other companies take this as an opportunity to change too
4. If this didn’t become a big deal, they would’ve just let the fans use their own money and let it end thereㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seriously how much money does banners represent to companies? They got to be kidding
5. They failed at sucking money from fansㅋㅋ
6. Division 1 are freaking trash, they seriously need to stop doing work like that
They went through all this to embarrass themselves over 190,000 won and even hurt the fan in the process
7. Not only JYP, but I hope other companies can wake up with seeing this incident. It’s because they see fans as obvious consumers and they can obviously earn money from them that they end up treating fans like that
8. Good thing this became the talk of the town. I just saw the comments from earlier and I couldn’t believe that a company is dumping their costs on the fans like that;; They’re not even a small company damn… Stop treating fans like pushovers
9. We’re not talking about any company. It’s SM and JYP who are big companies acting like that seriouslyㅎㅎㅎ They’re acting like small agenciesㅎㅎㅎ
10. I’m shocked that a Big3 is making fans spend money on production like that and they don’t even give her an invitation to the event like that